Search Engine Optimization is hard. Balancing optimizing your results right now with preparing for changes to the Google algorithm, you sometimes start to wonder how other people do it; how they keep pace in an ever-shifting world. I know that I do. That’s why it’s always good to seek advice from other professionals in the industry to figure out what works and what doesn’t. And while you can’t always personally ask every Search Engine Optimizer for their advice summed up into one quick sentence, that’s where the power of the internet comes in! Here are 7 great quotes, six of which are from people with lots of real world SEO experience and one is from Douglas Adams because let’s be honest, who doesn’t love Douglas Adams?
1. “Good SEO work only gets better over time. It’s only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithms change.” – Jill Whalen
2. “The objective is not to “make your links appear natural”; the objective is that your links are natural.” – Matt Cutts
3. “Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.” – Wendy Piersall
4. “You wouldn’t buy pills from someone who sends you a spam email so why would you do that with your SEO?” – Kelly J. Rose
5. “It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.” – Jeff Eisenberg
6. SEO is a marketing function for sure, but it needs to be baked into a product, not slapped on like icing after the cake is baked.” — Duane Forrester
7. “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.” – Douglas Adams
Hopefully these quotes can help you achieve SEO Success, or at the very least help you know what SEO Success actually looks like.