How to Add an Ad account in Facebook Business Manager
There are three ways to add ad accounts to your Business Manager:
- Add an ad account: Adding an ad account moves it permanently into Business Manager. You must be both the owner of the ad account and an admin in Business Manager to add the ad account. Please note, once you add an ad account and it’s moved into your Business Manager, this action can’t be reversed. All management of your ad account must be completed within your Business Manager profile. You can’t add an ad account that’s owned by another Business Manager. If you still want to work on an ad account that’s owned by a different business, you can request access to it.
- Request access to an ad account: If you request access to an ad account in Business Manager, the admin of that Business Manager can grant you permission to work on it.
- Create a new ad account: If you create a new ad account in Business Manager it will permanently belong to that Business Manager. Once created within Business Manager, the ad account can’t be transferred to an individual owner who doesn’t own a Business Manager.
What you need
You can’t add an ad account to a Business Manager if:
- The ad account you’re trying to add has already been added by another business. An ad account can only be owned by one Business Manager. Instead, you can request access to the ad account.
- You have already added a personal ad account to Business Manager. You can only add one ad account from your personal Facebook account into Business Manager. Instead, you can create a new ad account in Business Manager or you can request access to another ad account.
- You’ve reached your ad account limit for adding new ad accounts to your business. There’s currently no available option to request more ad accounts. Your ad account limit increases based on your advertising spend.
- The ad account is a prepaid ad account. Prepaid ad accounts can be added to Business Managers only if they’re from certain locations.
Add an ad account in Business Manager
- Go to Business settings. It looks like a gear icon in your sidebar.
- Go to More Business settings
3. Click Accounts from the menu on the left-hand side. Then, click Ad accounts.
4. Click the blue Add drop-down menu.
5. Choose one of the three options: Add an ad account, Request access to an ad account or Create a new ad account.
6. If you choose to request access or add an ad account, enter the ad account ID.
The Pandarose Partner business ID is: 12474655153957
7. Follow the prompts to select people and access levels.
Note: Deactivating an ad account doesn’t delete the ad account from your business. A deactivated ad account still counts towards your ad account limit.
Give us a call and find out how Panda Rose can
support your organization’s digital future.